MailChimp is one of the popular business-oriented email marketing tools for sending messages, collecting statistics, and in improving the performance of your online business.
So, when you’re ready to start with email marketing for your business, you know you’ll need a very reliable service provider at the most affordable price.
Have you been looking around and still can’t decide which service provider to choose from, then this detailed MailChimp review is worth reading for you.
Here we go…
MailChimp has the best FREE plan among any other service providers and has a very affordable monthly plan. MailChimp has complete tools for premium members, such as premium templates, comparative reports, analytics, and other marketing features.
MailChimp’s tools are quite easy to work with. In fact, it is garnered out Editor’s Choice in several email marketing software review roundup because of its excellent starter service.
However, if you need more advanced features, then you can always upgrade to the MailChimp Pro Plan, which offers additional testing and reporting tools, advanced segmentation, and priority support.
Mailchimp Review: Free Email Marketing Service Forever
- 1 MailChimp Review Summary:
- 2 What is MailChimp?
- 3 MailChimp’s Service Plan
- 4 What Can You Do With MailChimp?
- 5 MailChimp Restrictions
- 6 What do I love About MailChimp?
- 7 Things For Improvement About MailChimp
- 8 Final Thoughts…
MailChimp Review Summary:
Product Name: MailChimp
Founder: Ben Chestnut, Mark Armstrong, and Dan Kurzius
Product Type: Email Marketing Software
Monthly Subscription: Free Plan ($0), Grow Plan ($10 and up) & Pro Plan ($199)
Best For: All business with email marketing service especially for beginners.
Recommended: Yes – but be aware of the restrictions (see them below).
What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. MailChimp began as a paid service and added a freemium option in 2009, wherein within a year its user base had grown from 85,000 to 450,000.
In 2017, the company was gaining 14,000 new customers every single day. Today, the company is still owned by its co-founders Ben Chestnut, Mark Armstrong Dan Kurzius. The co-founders have never accepted venture capital funds.
In November 2018 MailChimp announced a new feature – the shoppable landing pages. This is due to their collaboration with Square (Wikipedia).
MailChimp’s Service Plan
MailChimp has a different monthly plan for their email services and tools. You can get their services for free or pay a reasonable amount of money per month to enjoy more of their tools. And if you want, they also have a pay per use subscription.
MailChimp has 3 monthly subscriptions that you can choose from – FREE, GROW, and PRO plan.
Let’s see the table below to compare the services you will get in choosing any of these plans.
What Can You Do With MailChimp?
MailChimp has a lot of features. These main features called CREATE, CONNECT, AUTOMATE and OPTIMIZE.
1. Creating better campaigns with MailChimp
MailChimp makes it easy to create and launch marketing campaigns that help you hit your goals – whether you’re trying to grow your audience, sell more stuff, or build your brand.
With MailChimp, you can do it all in one place where you can create emails, ads, landing pages, and more—all without leaving MailChimp.
You can reach people where they are – From inboxes to social feeds, reach people where they spend the most time.
You can design like a pro – with MailChimp’s email designer, it makes it easy to look like the business you want to be.
2. MailChimp integrations directory
MailChimp works with your favorite apps and web services to help you do more with your marketing. Find tools you already use or discover new ways to step things up. For example Accelo, Airsquare, Burst SMS, Coupon Carrier and many many more.
With MailChimp you can see the big picture when your tools work together, you can do more with your marketing.
You can personalize your “messaging” by creating campaigns enhanced by the tools you use every day.
You can put data to use and get even smarter with data from the apps you connect.
3. Automate your busy work with MailChimp
With MailChimp’s always-on marketing platform, you can send the right message to the right people at the right moment—without doing the work every time.
You get more time on your side – automation helps you get things done while you get other things done.
You’ll have more output with less effort – You’ll see more sales, more conversations, more site visits, without more effort.
You can create personal connections -stay in touch with your people to grow relationships and your business.
You can also build a brand and sell more stuff. MailChimp has abandoned cart emails, product recommendations, order notifications, and product retargeting emails.
You can boost your customers’ loyalty. MailChimp has product follow up features, customer reengagement, reward systems, and first purchase email feature.
4. Be a smarter marketer with Mailchimp
MailChimp’s optimization tools make it easy to see what’s working (and what’s not) so you can focus your efforts. The more you do with MailChimp, the more data you have to work with.
You can get to know your audience – learn more about your people, so you can show them more of what they care about.
You can take action on your insights – we help translate your data into insights that you can apply to your marketing.
You can learn from your campaigns – get a clearer picture of how to improve your marketing with every campaign.
MailChimp makes it easy to optimize your marketing. Their tools work together to turn data about your audience into insights you can use to personalize your marketing. They have segmentation, A/B testing, reports, and personalization.
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing (MLM)
- Affiliate marketing
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
Read more about MailChimp’s Term of Use here.
MailChimp is apparently best for e-commerce and webshop businesses.
What do I love About MailChimp?
1. MailChimp is excellent at email marketing.
- The platform is easy to use.
- The templates make getting started easy and look incredibly professional.
- The terminology is made simple and anyone can understand what is necessary at each phase of crafting emails and deciding on what features to use (or not use).
2. List management with Mailchimp is very easy.
- There are multiple ways to create or add to lists – names and email addresses can be added manually.
- A CSV file can be uploaded and integrated into a list; users can sign up and add themselves via sign up forms on websites and social media.
- Great Subscribe app that MailChimp offers.
- For companies that want to add people to their lists from on-site locations like a trade show or expo, the app allows people to add their name and email and then automatically syncs that info with a predetermined list.
3. MailChimp provides a free option.
- FREE subscription for up to 2,000 subscribers – FOREVER.
- No trial period but a forever free subscription compared with other providers where you will only get 30-60days free trial period.
- For small companies that are just starting out and growing their lists, they can use MailChimp for as long as they want until they go above that 2000 limit. There’s absolutely no time limit.
4. MailChimp has some very useful and helpful resources.
- MailChimp 101 – everything you need to get started.
- Marketing tips – to learn how to master marketing.
- Success stories to see how other brands do it.
- The step-by-step guides and tutorials.
Things For Improvement About MailChimp
- Needs more fonts in its Drag and Drop feature.
- Its web application is very good but its mobile application is not that good.
- Pricing is not for everyone – some small businesses don’t afford it the paid plans.
- MailChimp does not allow FREE users to send out funnels as automation.
- MailChimp doesn’t allow for a ton of customization on the landing pages.
- Set up campaigns for multiple locations of one campaign instead of individual campaigns.