Welcome to today’s review:
Transcribe Anywhere Reviews – Scam or Make Money With Legal Transcription?
- 1 Transcribe Anywhere Reviews – Scam or Make Money With Legal Transcription? (Updated)
- 2 Transcribe Anywhere Reviews, Summary:
- 3 What Is Transcribe Anywhere?
- 4 Why Become A Transcriptionist?
- 5 What Do You Need To Become A Transcriptionist?
- 6 Transcribe Anywhere Membership & Pricing
- 7 Verdict
- 8 Final Thoughts
Transcribe Anywhere Reviews – Scam or Make Money With Legal Transcription? (Updated)
Do you love writing? Then, transcription could be a great way to earn a living online just doing what you love.
Transcribe Anywhere is one of the training courses that teach general and legal transcription as well as how to make money with it.
So, If you are looking for the truth about Transcribe Anywhere then you’re in the right place.
In this reviews, I will reveal to you whether Transcribe Anywhere is a scam or if you really can make money with it.
Let’s see what’s this program all about.
Before I start…
If you’re sick and tired of scams online, check out my #1 recommendation below and learn how making money online really works. It’s helped me earn up to $1,174.09 per day after 6 months:
(Get started free – No credit card required)
Transcribe Anywhere Reviews, Summary:
Product Name: Transcribe Anywhere
Owner/founder: Janet Shaughnessy
Program type: Training Program
Price: Free – $697
Best for Beginner Transcriptionist
- What is Transcribe Anywhere?
- Why Become a Transcriptionist?
- The Difference Between General Transcription and Legal Transcription?
- What Do You Need To Become A Transcriptionist?
- Courses’ Syllabus
- Membership And Pricing
- Final Thoughts
What Is Transcribe Anywhere?
Transcribe Anywhere is founded by Janet Shaughnessy. She has been working as a transcriptionist for more than 10 years and owns the Zoom Transcription Services.
Transcribe Anywhere offers an online course that will teach you how to make an online or offline career in transcription and will also show you ways on where to get work to get you started earning.
The course is developed by the owner herself where she put all her knowledge about transcribing. This makes this course very comprehensive for you.
These comprehensive courses will enable you to become a professional transcriptionist in a matter of 4-6 months period. However, you can finish each course in less than that time, depending on how much time you invest in it.
There are multiple modules with great training to learn enough just in a matter of 2 months. Then you’re ready to go.
Why Become A Transcriptionist?
Transcription is not that new in this industry. However, the demands in this industry have taken a huge turn in a direction that a lot of people have put a new spin on this old work-from-home gig.
Just to clarify, a transcriptionist is someone who takes audio and video files and turns them into written documents for record and filing.
One of the most popular transcription jobs you might have heard of is medical transcription. You transcribe audio medical reports from medical professionals into text for medical files. And there are a lot of people who have taken this path earlier and failed because the medical transcription field has died virtually for working-at-home individuals.
This is because most of the companies who needed this job done have outsourced these tasks with medical transcription companies – mostly located in the third world countries – like the Philippines, where nurses are being hired to do this job instead of hiring anyone without a medical background.
While medical transcription has all but ceased to exist, the general and legal transcriptions have grown exponentially in both viability and opportunity.
Transcription Anywhere is a great place to learn everything you need to succeed with general and legal transcriptions. Guess what? the demand is in this industry is a great opportunity for work-at-home individuals.
The Difference Between General Transcription and Legal Transcription?
Here’s how Transcribe Anywhere defines the difference between the two:
General transcription [GT] is the practice of transcribing from audio and video files for all different kinds of industries, such as academic, marketing, interviews, films, among others.
General transcriptionists are trained to transcribe pretty much everything else such transcribing blog interviews, multi-media course tutorials, and even some car accident reports. Can be very exciting.
Legal transcription [LT] requires all of the skills necessary as a general transcriptionist with the extended knowledge of legal terminology and documentation.”
As a legal transcriptionist, you must be able to transcribe a LOT of court trials, depositions, examinations under oath, pleadings, hearings… literally anything but recorded legal proceeding and correspondence.
What Do You Need To Become A Transcriptionist?
The honest answer is Not a lot! There are just four main things you need to become a successful transcriptionist and earn money online and offline with this career.
Good training: There is no substitute for really good training. Your professionalism depends on your training and experience. Without proper training, there is no way for you to succeed.
A computer. obviously, a computer will be your best friend to be able to transcribe. You can use a desktop or a laptop computer. Most people prefer to have both because desktops are great for the home office and a laptop is great to bring work anywhere.
Transcription software. There is actually a lot of transcription software in the market but the most preferred software is Express Scribe. This software is also recommended and used at Transcribe Anywhere. You can buy this software for between $25-$35. But if you want to whole transcriptionist package including the pedal – then you will be looking at a small investment of around $100-$120 bucks. Not bad, considering that you will be using it day in and out and it for making money at home. Take a look at my research on where you can buy it best – Amazon!
Good headphones. A headset is a must. Listening to audio files using headset can ensure you the best quality of voices on the other side. So, make sure you have good quality headphones. You can get a really good noise-canceling headphone for under $20. You can see more of my product picks at the bottom of this article.
An audio foot pedal (optional). An audio pedal is something you may consider. This will enable you to save a lot of time, increase speed and of course, it can increase your potential earning. How does this work? With an audio food pedal, you can completely control your audio with your foot. You can rewind, fast forward, play, and stop without ever having to take your hands off the keyboard.
General Transcription: Theory & Practice
Legal Transcription: Theory & Practice
Both courses have a FREE MINI-COURSE that you can start with. Yes, it’s free. You can sign up here and see whether transcription is really what you’re looking for as your online/offline career or not.
It’s always a great option to have so you can try out if you like doing this type of work before you even pay anything.
As mentioned earlier, general transcription is by the term itself “general” – This is for any type of transcriptions besides legal transcription.
General Transcription Syllabus:
- Transcription equipment and where to get the best deal
- Software and hardware — links + FREE downloads
- Text expanders and shortcut keys
- Transcription style guide
- Time coding instruction
- Establishing and calculating rates
- Easy-to-use transcription templates
- A step-by-step guide to finding work
- Sample client contracts
- TONS OF PRACTICE! Seven practice levels containing 60+ audio/video files with answer keys
- Lifetime access to course material and ALL future updates
- Lifetime access to our student support community on Facebook
Legal Transcription Syllabus:
Legal Transcription: Theory and Practice™ is a comprehensive training course that implements multimedia content with online learning tools to effectively prepare students to master the art of transcribing legal proceedings from audio or video into text documents for clients in the legal field.
The course is divided into 14 modules, with each module building upon the skills learned and mastered in the preceding module. There are more than 25 audio/video practice dictation files in the course.
Media Used Within the Course:
- Video Presentations (with Audio)
- Screencast Tutorial Demonstrations
- Practice Dictations with Answer Keys (25+ practice files in 9 levels)
- Online and Email Support Forums
MODULES AND UNITS
Module 1 – Introduction to Legal Transcription
Students gain an understanding and appreciation for what legal transcription is – and is not — and the skills needed to master the art of transcription.
- Introduction and Welcome!
- Legal Transcription: Overview
- General Duties of the Legal Transcriptionist
Module 2 – Tools of the Trade
Students learn the software and hardware requirements employed by legal transcriptionists and where to get the best equipment at the best price.
- The Right Equipment for the Job
- Typing for Speed and Accuracy (includes typing drills)
- Legal Transcription Style Guide (includes a printable guide)
- Practice Transcription Exercise
Module 3 – Lawyers Litigate; Transcriptionists Punctuate
Both English and Latin legal terminology definitions and quizzes are included.
- Legal Terminology
- Punctuation and Capitalization
- Transcribing Numbers
- Abbreviations, Capitalization, and Punctuation for Legal Transcriptionists
- More than 80 pages of legal terms and phrases in a downloadable and
- printable format.
Module 4 – Microsoft Word for Legal Transcriptionists
Students will be able to properly notate transcripts, use shortcuts to increase typing speed and accuracy, and employ spell check and other functions of their word processing software to produce accurate and readable transcripts.
- Commonly Used Transcriptionists’ Notations
- Spell Check, Search + Replace, & Modern Usage Notes
- Shortcut Keys
- Screenshots and Video Tutorials
Module 5 – Basic Legal Correspondence & Practice Dictation
Students master the transcription of most documents produced by attorneys and other legal professionals.
- Introduction to Transcription in the Law Office
- Letters and Memos
- Transcribing EBTs (Examination Before Trial)
- Transcribing Attorney-Client Consultations
- Property Deeds
Module 6 – The Legal Process and Court Procedure
Students gain knowledge of the different types of law and how a case moves through the legal process.
- Definition and Descriptions of Types of Law
- Steps in a Civil Case
- Steps in a Criminal Case
- Anatomy of a Court Transcript
Module 7 – Forms and Templates
Upon completion of Module 7, students will be familiar with the various legal documents used in judicial proceedings. Downloadable templates are provided.
- Sample Court Templates
- Numbered-Line Blank Pleading Paper (Template and Instructions)
- State & Federal Court Approved Legal Forms
Module 8 – Practice Transcription of Court Proceedings
Students will master transcribing court proceedings with recorded audio practice files.
- Transcription Guidelines for a Court Transcript (Includes Video Tutorial)
- Practice Trial Transcriptions
Module 9 – Depositions
Students will gain an understanding of the deposition process and will have completed several practice deposition transcription files.
- Guidelines for Transcribing Depositions (Includes Template)
- Deposition Practice Transcription Files
Module 10 – Law Enforcement
Students will experience transcribing various types of law enforcement transcripts.
- Law Enforcement Transcription Overview
- Law Enforcement Practice Transcription Files
Module 11 – Conferences and Legal Association Meetings
Students will master the art of transcribing legal meetings and conferences from recorded video files.
- Overview of Conference Transcription
- Conference Practice Transcription Files (with Video Files)
Module 12 – Time Coding for Legal Transcriptionists
Students will be proficient at producing legal documents that include time stamps.
- How to Insert Time Codes in Legal Documents (Includes Video Tutorial)
- TimeCode Practice Transcription Files
Module 13 – Resources and Final Exam
Module 13 supplies links to various tools and resources used by the legal transcriptionist, including:
- Writing and Style Guides
- Legal Resources
- Medical Resources
The final exam tests all of the skills learned in the course. Upon successfully passing
the final exam, students will be awarded Certificates of Completion and will move on to learn how to build their legal transcription business.
Module 14 – Building Your Business
After passing the final exam and demonstrating proficiency in the art of legal
transcription, students will learn to market their new skills.
- How Much Do Legal Transcriptionists Earn?
- Customer Service Essentials
- Developing a Business Plan
- Advertising (Including Building a Website)
- Social Media
- Connecting with Clients
- Top Directories for Local Marketing
- Where to Find Contract Work
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PPC, AdSense, and All the Rest
- Opportunities for Expanding Your Services
Transcribe Anywhere Membership & Pricing
These courses are honestly not that totally expensive, though I won’t say it is very cheap either. I believe it’s an investment and it costs much more affordable if you’ll going to take these courses up at any college or university.
There is a free mini-course offered to try it out and see if the transcription job is something for you.
The lifetime membership and tuition fees are as follows:
General Transcription course – $597
Legal Transcription course – $697
If you can’t afford that, they have a “Pay-As-You-Go” option and you just pay for parts of it. Both courses are split into 3 levels:
- Level 1 – $127 – you’ll get Modules 1 & 2 for 30 days.
- Level 2 – $362 – you only pay the difference if you upgrade from Level 1 – you’ll get Modules 1 -4 for 60 days.
- Level 3 – $597 – or $470 upgrade from Level 1; $235 upgrade from Level 2 – you’ll get everything in the syllabus.
- Level 1 – $197 – you’ll get Modules 1 -4 for 30 days.
- Level 2 – $497 (you only pay the difference if you upgrade from Level 1) – you’ll get Modules 1 -9 for 60 days.
- Level 3 – $697 ((or $500 upgrade from Level 1; $200 upgrade from Level 2) – you’ll get everything in the syllabus.
So, is Transcribe Anywhere a scam or legit? After my intensive research, I can definitely conclude that Transcribe Anywhere is a completely legitimate company and highly recommended in taking a new career path in transcription.
Transcribe Anywhere is currently the only online transcription school that is approved by the American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers, so rest assured that they are totally legitimate.
The courses are very comprehensive including a module with building your own business at a reasonable membership pricing.
Get started with the free mini-course and find out a transcription job is something for you. There are currently a lot of members who are literally earning a living in this program.
Transcription job is just one of the good opportunities for making money online. Transcription is great as an online business, so if this is what you really want, so Transcribe Anywhere is the best choice to get the most comprehensive training in this career. You can always get their FREE MINI-COURSE to find it out if you’re still unsure.
However, if the courses have overwhelmed you and you feel it’s not right for you, then you can try the business model I use for an online business. It is also FREE to get started. It also has comprehensive training – includes membership (though much more affordable). And, it also includes typing.
If transcription is not exactly what you wanted to make money online, then I personally invite you to join the community that I am proud to be a member with.
his is the end of today’s product review “Transcribe Anywhere Reviews – Scam or Make Money With Legal Transcription?”. I hope you have learned a little bit more about this training program and can make a better decision whether or not this program can help you and your finances.
Have you tried Transcribe Anywhere before? I would like to hear about your experience with Janet Shaughnessy’s training or any similar program you’ve tried by writing them below.
Moreso, if you want me to do a product review of a particular online business, please send me a message and I will be more than happy to help you out.
Good luck with your journey to financial freedom online. God bless!