Have you heard someone says “the money is in the list?”. People are looking ways on how to make money online and if you have heard this phrase, you probably are already into online business and you want to grow your list.
So, you are ready to take your affiliate marketing business to the next level. And, you are searching for the best email autoresponder that allows affiliate marketing, since there are some autoresponders that prohibit it so – like MailChimp.
So, if your online business has something to do with the amazing concept of affiliate marketing – then AWeber is the best autoresponder to grow your business with.
Taking your business to the next level with email marketing requires a fully functional service provider with all the necessary tools and features that you can apply.
I only recommend tools that are tested and proven as well as the tools that I like and have used myself and Aweber is absolutely one of them.
Aweber Review: Ultimate Autoresponder For Affiliate Marketing
- 1 AWeber Review Summary:
- 2 Aweber As The First Autoresponder
- 3 3 Ways Of Marketing Automation
- 4 Managing Subscribers & Segmentation
- 5 Collecting Subscribers
- 6 Customer Service
- 7 Pricing Plans
- 8 What I Do Love About Aweber
- 9 Improvements Needed With Aweber
- 10 Final Thoughts…
- AWeber Review Summary
- Aweber As The First Autoresponder
- 3 Ways Of Marketing Automation
- Managing Subscribers & Segmentation
- Collecting Subscribers
- Customer Service
- Pricing Plans
- What I Do Love About Aweber
- Improvements Needed With Aweber
- Final Thoughts
AWeber Review Summary:
Founder: Tom Kulzer
Product Type: Autoresponder
Price: Free Trial; $19/mo.& up depending on the number of the email list.
Best For: Affiliate Marketer and other Online Entrepreneurs.
Aweber As The First Autoresponder
Autoresponders are being used with email marketing. These are series of follow up emails that are automatically triggered by either time or user actions, which are a key part of any e-marketing solution.
Aweber claims to have invented autoresponder concept of email marketing back in 1998. And the being said, their autoresponder features and functionality is expected to be good. However, just like any other autoresponders, Aweber has its upsides and downsides.
For instance, Aweber has a very easy tool to set up follow up emails based on time interval such as automatically sending subscribers an onboarding email immediately after signing up, a promo code 2 days later or a “follow us on social media” email a week later. However, triggering autoresponders based on user actions and purchases is a bit more complicated compared with their competitors MailChimp and Getresponse.
3 Ways Of Marketing Automation
Marketing automation is a feature which is increasingly and popularly offered by email marketing solutions like Aweber.
With marketing automation, you typically make a flowchart design where emails are sent based on user actions: email opens, link clicks, site visits, purchases made and so on.
Recently Aweber introduced a new marketing automation feature which provides this functionality: ‘Aweber Campaigns.’ With this great feature, you can use certain user actions — such as opens and clickthroughs — along with the application of tags to determine what should be sent to whom and when.
With Aweber, you can send marketing emails automatically in 3 different ways:
- RSS To Emails – You can send your new blog post or you can save them and send out a weekly recap of what has been posted.
- Legacy Followup Series – This is a set of pre-written emails for your audience to be received on a timeline that you set for them. Email courses or a series of emails explaining a certain topic or concept are being used for this feature. Additionally, followup email series is also being used with this feature in order to continue to convert your visitors if they didn’t convert the first time when they visit your website.
- Broadcast Message – You can send out a one-time sales event or special announcement using this feature. These emails can be created at any time and you can schedule when they should go out to your audience as well.
Managing Subscribers & Segmentation
Managing your subscribers is very easy. You can use filters and search them on your Aweber dashboard or you can manage them on their mobile apps.
You can easily search, delete, modify your subscribers as well as segment them by using the Tag feature.
Segmenting data in Aweber is pretty straightforward and easy. You can create subscriber’s segments not only based on the contents of any field in your database but also on user activity too such as emails opened, web pages visited, links clicked, products bought and so on. It’s all very flexible and easy to use.
You can also segment subscribers by physical location, personal preferences, or action they have taken from your previous email.
Subscriber segmentation is a great way to send more targeted contents to your readers. This will absolutely increase your conversion rates since you’ll be sending them more relevant to the info that they want to receive.
There are 3 great ways to collect subscribers and grow your list.
- Signup Forms -You can grow your email list with mobile-responsive signup forms and pop-ups that both look really good and get the job done.
- Integrations and API – You can connect your email list with your favorite online tools such as PayPal and WordPress (and 400 plus integrations available) to automate your list growth. Plus, you can also build your own with their robust email marketing API.
- Import a List – If you already have an email list, you can easily move your subscribers to Aweber like a breeze. Plus, they don’t have to opt-in again once they’re on your new list.
Aweber has an award-winning customer service.
- Available 7-days a week to answer questions and resolve issues.
- A representative can be contacted by phone, email, or live chat.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for email and Live Chat.
- Their telephone service is from 8AM-8PM ET Monday to Friday.
- Prompt response.
Aweber’s support is one of the stand-out features of the product.
Aweber’s pricing plans start at $0 for the 30-day trial offer. You can always take advantage of this free trial in order to see if you like all the features that Aweber has to offer.
The plan prices are as follows:
- Once your 30-day trial is over, you will start on the $19.95/month plan for email lists up to 500 subscribers.
- 501 – 2,500 subscribers cost $29/month
- 2,501 – 5,000 subscribers cost $49/month
- 5,001 – 10,000 subscribers cost $69/month
- 10,001 – 25,000 subscribers cost $149/month
- 25,000+ subscribers will have to ask for a quote.
As you can see, their pricing is reasonable and in line with other high-quality email autoresponders you can find around the web.
What I Do Love About Aweber
- It’s VERY easy to use.
- Award-winning customer service which has more extensive support options.
- It’s a reasonably priced plan- although it’s not the cheapest product of its kind out there, it is cheaper than several similar solutions.
- It can let you choose to subscribe people to your list on a single or double opt-in basis.
- It has good import functions.
- It integrates neatly with more than 400 third party tools and apps.
- It has a very large range of templates.
- Time-based autoresponders setups are very easy to use.
- Its email templates are responsive.
- It has very strong reporting features.
- Segmenting data is relatively easy.
- It has a 30-free trial.
Improvements Needed With Aweber
- Its split testing is currently disabled.
- There are cheaper options out there which offer considerably more features in the marketing automation solution.
- Some of the templates look a bit outdated.
- The RSS to email templates can’t be edited using Aweber’s standard drag and drop email builder.
- You can’t include or exclude multiple segments at once when sending e-newsletters.
- The starter plan for up to 500 subscribers is pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp that has up to 2,000 subscribers for FREE – forever.