Network marketing and affiliate marketing are the most competitive methods for making money online.
But what are the pros and cons of these two giants marketing types?
If you are still confused about whether or not to choose one over the other, then this post can probably save your day, your time and even your money.
I have tried and tested both business models for years and I hope you can learn something from my experience.
You can read my personal experience of network marketing and affiliate marketing in the last part of this post.
Let’s go through the pros and cons of network marketing vs affiliate marketing and see which of the two is better.
In this article, network marketing refers to the most popular type of it, which is multilevel marketing. See the other types of network marketing below.
Table of Content:
Network Marketing Vs Affiliate Marketing: Pros And Cons
- 1 Definition: Network Marketing Vs Affiliate Marketing
- 2 How Does Network Marketing Work?
- 3 How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
- 4 Network Marketing vs Affiliate Marketing: PROS and CONS
- 5 PROS: Network Marketing Vs Affiliate Marketing
- 6 CONS: Network Marketing Vs Affiliate Marketing
- 7 Different Types Of Network Marketing
- 8 My personal experience with Network Marketing
- 9 My personal experience with Affiliate Marketing
- 10 Let's get started
Definition: Network Marketing Vs Affiliate Marketing
Network Marketing is a typical home-based business model that depends on person-to-person sales by independent representatives.
There are many reputable network marketing operations. Unfortunately, some have been denounced as pyramid schemes. The latter may focus more recruitment of salespeople who may be required to pay upfront for expensive starter kits than on sales to consumers.
Affiliate marketing is an advertising business model in which a company compensates third-party publishers to generate traffic or leads to the company’s products and services. The third-party publishers are affiliates, and the commission fee rewards them to find ways to promote the company.
The Internet has increased the prominence of affiliate marketing.
How Does Network Marketing Work?
- Join a network marketing company by paying an expensive starter kit
- Promote the company/products through word of mouth i.e. meetings, workshop, etc. (Some companies are offering a pre-made website for their members to promote on social media using paid ads)
- Recruit new members to buy the same starter kit
- Earn commissions every time people join the company on your down line.